Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Tribute to Sadie

For those of you who have not heard...two weeks ago Sadie was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocitic Leukemia. It's a cancer that attacks the blood stream and moves extremely quickly in canine's. Unfortunately, we had to put Sadie down this morning. My Mom and I took her in and were there for the injection. It was very peaceful and I knew I had made the right decision.

I got Sadie for my 21st birthday almost 7 years ago. She was a very happy pup who loved to please and loved to eat! When I was living alone my senior year she would sit out on the deck and at any movement in the bushes she would let out a low growl. Of course, if she would have seen anything she would of come running to me but I appreciated the advanced notice. I am very saddened by her early passing but am comforted by the fact that she lived a wonderful life.

I may have gone a little overboard on the posts but what the heck...!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

you're a great mommy kel...canine and human! we'll all miss sadie.

Brandi and Anthony Sigona said...

So sorry for your loss. The pictures of her as a puppy definitely brought back some wonderful and fun college memories!

Lacey said...

So sad Sos! Sucks how the things that bring us so much joy can also bring so much sadness...so worth it though isnt it. Love the pics though, good times with the Pup Sadie!

Mama Michelle said...

So sorry for the loss of your wonderful Sadie! I still remember visiting you guys when she was a pup in Humboldt (and how much Smokey hated her!)she was a terrific Golden girl - 7 years is too short - we lost our Shiloh to the big C when she was 12 -
just remember the good times!
Love,
Mama Cope