Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 1, 2008

Nike+ 10K Human Race

Well, as many of you know I ran in the Nike+ 10K Human Race yesterday (that is 6.2 miles). This was the first event I have participated in and I had an absolute blast! We are still waiting on the final results for rankings but I finished at 50'14"...just over 8 minutes a mile and about 9 minutes below the average pace for Portland. I feel very good about my time...I beat my average pace for the last month by about 45 seconds and I crossed the finish line with everything left on the course as I sprinted the last 2K.
Of course, I am also training for the Nike Women's Half Marathon in October and part of my training required me to run 11 miles on Sunday. So, once I gained my strength back after the 10K I ran home to get in my entire workout for the day. Needless to say I am quite tired today but not as sore as I anticipated. I am very grateful to have been able to partake in this nation-wide event that millions of people competed in. I will be sure to post my final ranking when it is available - until then, enjoy some of the photos from the race.
The Finish Line...
Looking for my peeps...

So tired but I did it!!
My biggest fans...


The best...



I was so happy to be able to run this with my sister - Kristen was the one who talked me into signing up for this and the Women's Half Marathon. Although it is a lot of work it makes me feel good that I can do whatever I put my mind to...thanks Kristen, I love this photo!!



2 comments:

Kristen said...

Nice work Sis! You're amazing! I love that photo of us too!

Jamie and Scott said...

Nice job Kelly! Im training for a 5K, first thing since my pregnancy. At least you get to listen to music...i have to run with nothing. hope i can make it. good luck with the half marathon.