Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

OMSI

Today Dan, Oma, and I took Carson and Amelia to OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). This was the first trip for both the kids and they had an absolute blast! They got to see all kinds of animals - lizards (we saw one eat a beetle), rats, walking sticks, fish, bull frogs and other crazy looking creatures but I think the best part was the floating balls...here are all the pictures I was able to take...

A Rocket Ship ride...



Using the magnifying glass to see some insects...

Here is the floating ball machine...


Amelia liked to let them float then then catch them mid-air...

"WOW!!!"

And here is the Ball(?) Python that the kids got to touch. I asked the question of how much it weighed and the lady had me hold half of it. Probably won't do that again but didn't want the kids to get afraid so I obliged...it was probably 3-5lbs...ugh!



Watching the turtle eat it's salad...


Playing with the shapes as they floated across this board...

2 comments:

Brandi and Anthony Sigona said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait until Gavin is old enough to enjoy these kind of things...but it's okay for him to stay small for now!

Hollingsworth Family said...

Wow, you are brave touching a snake! Looks like they had a great time.