Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our First Visit with the Puppies

Hi Everyone,

Well, today was the much-anticipated visit with the puppies. It was so much fun! The breeder's had a very nice set-up in the backyard with a kennel for the puppies to play in. There were two little obstacle courses and lots of little chew-toys. As soon as I walked in about 4-5 of the puppies surrounded me and began sniffing and tugging at my pants/shoes. A very good sign that they are developing well and are being socialized properly. It sounds like all the puppies are spoken for but we will not know which one will come home with us for another couple of weeks. At that point other breeder's will come and assess the personalities. With that information the breeder's will begin aligning the personalities with the families. We are definitely set for a female but do not know which one yet.

From talking with the breeder's today and from my own observations it appears that little yellow-female is quite the outgoing little girl...maybe a little too much for our lifestyle (but who knows this early in the game!). She was the first to greet me and definitely held her ground with the other littermates...I will say that she is probably the best-looking female of the bunch (in my opinion :). The hot pink, dark pink, and purple puppies were all very even-tempered from what I could tell and would do just fine with Carson. To be honest, I don't think we could go wrong with any of them.

Well, that is all for now...enjoy the photos and look for more to come in the coming weeks...!

0 comments: